Why Join the Y?
The Y is Where You Belong.
Join us at the Plattsburgh YMCA and start making a difference that transcends your personal goals.
When you become a member, you are strengthening our community in Clinton County. The YMCA helps people, young and old, reach their greatest potential through programs that build a healthy spirit, mind and body, a mission made possible by the outstanding members of our community.
Your membership at the Plattsburgh YMCA gives you access to many great programs and benefits. Here are just a few of the great things you’ll find when you become a member of the Y.
Full access to both facilities are included with Membership.
- State-of-the-art Matrix Fitness Center
- State-of-the-art Precor Cardio Center
- Free weight room
- Children’s Swim lessons (reduced member rate)
- Baby-sitting (Free-members only)
- Free indoor cycling classes
- Free fitness classes
- Open basketball
- Reduced rates for programs and events
- Fitness classes and aquatic fitness classes
- Scheduled free recreational swim
- Scheduled lap swimming
- Free water exercise classes
- Free racquetball – advanced week reservation
- Scuba (reduced member rate)
- Caring, professional staff and volunteers
- Indoor track
- Enormous basketball courts
- Pickleball courts
- Indoor driving range
- Cardio and free weight room with heavy and speed bags
- Large community room for event / rentals
- Men’s and women’s locker room with saunas
Here’s How to Join:
1. Stop by the Y at the corner of Brinkerhoff and Oak St. in Plattsburgh. (Directions)
2. Take a tour of the facility and meet the staff.
3. Fill out the membership application, choose a membership type, arrange payment, and receive your membership scan card.Join Now! Membership Rates Code of Conduct
Group Exercise – If you like working out in groups, the Y is the place for you. Look over our fitness programs for adults for classes you might be interested in. We offer special fitness programs for seniors as well.
Aquatics – We have a pool that’s 20 yards long with an average temperature of 85 degrees, and our members enjoy it to the fullest. Lap swimming, water aerobics, lessons and lifeguard certification are just a few of the programs our members enjoy. Learn more by visiting our aquatics page.
Youth Sports – The YMCA offers kids of all ages the opportunity to learn and grow and develop with us. Our Youth Sports programs challenge them physically and mentally as individuals, or on teams.
Summer Camps – Is your child looking to branch out and learn new things? Our summer day camps provide top notch instruction and quality activities that both kids and parents will love.
Child Care – The Y supports families with quality child care options for kids of all ages. We also offer a free baby sitting service to members while they work out.